Saturday, February 26, 2011

February 26, 2011~Day of Celebration & Peace

Today, February 26, 2011, was one of the most beautiful days I've experienced at Barefoot Studio. And I promise you that Marilyn was there. She is there. Everyday. 

Thank you to EVERYONE that joined us at the studio this morning! And to those that did not know Marilyn, but shared their yoga practice with us~thank you :) Today was definitely a day with celebrations, smiles, laughter, and memories. Remembering our dear teacher, a fearless warrior, with such ease, calm, and peace. She inspired us with the balance of all the above. Such a great time was had today as we shared memories of Marilyn, and gained new friendships. Its incredible when people come together, have the courage to share, and meet new faces, see familiar ones, during these times. To those of you that did not know Marilyn, but shared how your morning yoga practice impacted you~Thank you for your courage. Thank you for sharing! I can't imagine spending this day any other way than honoring & sharing Marilyn's love of yoga! She would, and IS, be THRILLED to know yoga has made a difference in your lives. Yoga was such a essential part of her life that she was doing simple stretches just hours before her last breath.

Its been requested to list the songs I used in class this morning. I have to admit that three of the songs were played by a fellow yoga teacher & teacher, Johanna~who's class and teachings have become dear to my heart. These songs resonated with me, and appeared at the most perfect time~so, thank you, Johanna, for sharing your music with me/us :)

Introduction by Russell Simmons by Lokah: The Ivy Ceiling
Warrior Dub by White Swan Records (yogaiTunes presents)
The Orbiting Suns by Jens Glad: Yoga Moods
Endangered Species (Raeo Mix) by Nickodemus
Om Shakti Om by Trevor Hall: This is Blue
Yoga Dub Mystic by White Swam (yogaiTunes Presents)
Naa Er Druene Paa Sitt Beste by Lindstrom
My Being by Astarius: Spirit Rap

Marilyn was with us in many ways today...one being the single candle lit on a pink mat centered in the room. We ended the practice circling the candle, hand in hand, as Patty Griffin's Heavenly Day played in the background. 

The words read aloud today were from Happiness:Essential Mindfulness Practices by Thich Nhat Hahn. 

Breathing in, I know lam breathing in.
Breathing out, I know lam breathing out.

As my in-breath grows deep,
My out-breath grows slow.

Breathing in, I calm my body,
Breathing out, I feel at ease.

Breathing in, I smile,
Breathing out, I release.

Dwelling in the present moment, 
I know this is a wonderful moment.

Also, a HUGE Thank You to everyone that brought food for the Potluck, those that joined us, and to those that shared you couldn't be with us~Much LOVE to you all! Marilyn would be shocked at every one's gathering for her...but excited yoga was involved ;)

Our Happy Hour class donations for the month of February are going to theBreast Cancer Foundation. Because of your generosity, the foundation will receive over $300. Thank you, also, to those that donated on their own! 

Marilyn, you've touched us in ways that will live on forever. Thank you for being you~You're never far from our mind, and always in our hearts!

Love & hugs
xoox
~breezy

No comments:

Post a Comment